Friday, November 19, 2010

"What a difference a day makes!"

Wow, that phrase came up from some locked safety deposit box in my mind.  Even though I  don't know why that particular saying found its way to the top of my thoughts, I decided to ponder on it anyway.

 So I let loose and let it free and began to think about when I was younger I told myself what I would be doing in 10 or 20 years. When I would be old enough to drive, old enough to leave home, old enough to stay out all night, all those things that were restricted. The long list of  "cant's". Just waiting for the "day" all that would change. 

So where did this come from? I'm old enough to do anything now. Almost too old to do some things as a matter of fact. You know how things can get you off track. One minute your thinking and then the next your wondering "why did I think about that?". Often confusing but, EVERYTHING has a purpose. Even this simple little phrase.

I started putting it into some kind of logical form, thanks to that critical thinking class I took 3 times. Hahahahaha.......You see all that time I was thinking about the things I couldn't do, I could have been planning the things that would given me freedom beyond measure. Preparing not for a fleeting moment, but for a lifetime. If I remember correctly, those milestones came and quickly passed. 

Finally, I'm understanding the whole picture-what a difference a day makes. What change can be made to shape and form the rest of our life? Yes, I know "life happens", but I learned that some things you can prepare for. Decide today what can make a difference forever. No emotions, just truth. Don't let one day go by without thought of tomorrow. The earlier in life the better.  I'm looking forward to making a difference everyday in every way.

1 comment:

  1. In the beginning was the word and the word was with God further on the word became light to the heart of man this few lines of yours is a light to my heart an inspiration and motivating force more grease to your elbow maaam.........

    ReplyDelete